Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Light - Nelson Mandela

LIGHT

MY deepest fear is not that I am inadequate.
My deepest fear is that I am powerful beyond measure.

It is my light, not my darkness, that most frightens me.
I ask myself:
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who am I not to be?

I am a child of God.

My playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around Me.

I was born to make manifest the Glory of God
this is within me.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And, as I let my own light shine,
I unconsciously give other people permission to the same.

As I am liberated from my fear, my presence automatically
liberates others.

paraphrased from Nelson Mandela

1 comment:

Christina said...

Thank you Dan for posting this quote and for opening the opporunity for us to post our purpose statments.


"Live with intention"


www.myhopeeternal.com